Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Companionship

It's hard to describe what I could have possibly done without music. When everything seems static and mundane, drifted and at most times lost, the melody has always played on. In my ears. In my head. In noisiest of crowds or the most chilling silence. I couldn't have survived the way I do everyday if it wasn't for music. I would have smiled a lot less. Laughed a lot less. Lost a lot more of calm. Lived a lot less.

The most important events in my life have a tune attached to them. Every time I hear that tune, I relive that age. It feels good. Things look down now. But even this will pass.. all on the strength of a song.

Update: With SP Jain results out today, my MBA aspirations are wiped out. So I'm singing:

So nobody ever told you baby
How it was gonna be
So what'll happen to you baby
Guess we'll have to wait and see

Well I still have one last straw left. A certain plan B. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
When I find out all the reasons
Maybe I'll find another way
Find another day
With all the changing seasons of my life
Maybe I'll get it right next time
An now that you've been broken down
Got your head out of the clouds
You're back down on the ground
And you don't talk so loud
An you don't walk so proud
Any more, and what for.

Estranged - G&R

No comments: